ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Bleeker, Troy C." <Bleeker.T...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: running ctakes outside of eclipse?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:16:12 GMT
runctakesCVD.sh|bat is in the binary distribution. The install instructions point it out. Not
sure where it sits in the developer code checkout.

The developer install instructions have a section devoted to command line:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+Developer+Install+Guide#cTAKES3.0DeveloperInstallGuide-Commandlinestepbystepinstallinstructions
If it is not sufficient for your question then perhaps some updates are needed. Have you seen
these?

Troy
-----Original Message-----
From: ctakes-dev-return-1356-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org [mailto:ctakes-dev-return-1356-Bleeker.Troy=mayo.edu@incubator.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Coarr, Matt
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:04 PM
To: ctakes-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: running ctakes outside of eclipse?

I usually run ctakes pipelines (generally the clinical document pipeline) from within eclipse
— by using the run configurations to start the cvd or cpe gui.

I'm trying to answer some questions for another group at my company that's trying to use ctakes
as more of a non-developer tool.

What's the best way to run ctakes 3.0 outside eclipse?  (e.g. command-line)

When I want to "run ctakes" I usually run the clinical documents pipeline (plain text) by

Is there a script or something that sets up the classpath before you go off and run CVD or
a CPE?  (for starting these tools from the command-line)

And what's the status of the old "runctakesCVD.sh"? Is that still supported in 3.0?

Thanks!

Matt