ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Bethard <steven.beth...@Colorado.EDU>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Where should cTAKES models live?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:26:37 GMT
On Mar 29, 2013, at 7:09 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
> It looks like the general consensus is for # 2)  Leave them in the ASF repo, but as separate
modules/project(s).
> Which means we (the community) will take on the risk (security, ip, license, etc.) and
responsibility for the models that we commit.
> I'll take a stab at this today...
> Does anyone think it's worthwhile to (a) lump them all together and call it a ctakes-resources
project/model for pragmatic reasons?  Otherwise (b), we'll have a resource module for each
such as ctakes-core-res, ctakes-pos-tagger-res, etc.?

I prefer (b). I know that means a lot more projects, but if I only want to, say, run the ctakes-temporal
models, it would be a pity if I had to pull in the whole UMLS distribution at the same time.

Steve