ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject ctakes model
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 14:04:12 GMT
We are using a software package called svmlight and a derivative called
svmlight-tk to train machine learning models in research. If the results
are good we would like to include the models in cTAKES. We thought we
should consult legal because this software uses a custom license not
covered by FAQs, and we just want to be on the safe side. The full text
of the license is attached.
(Just in case the attachment doesn't work I was able to find it on the
web here: http://morphix-nlp.berlios.de/manual/node48.html but not at
the svmlight webpage.)

To be clear, we do not want to redistribute the svmlight or svmlight-tk
source or binaries or even use maven to download them. There is code in
clearTK which can read these models and process new data and is license
compatible. We are only talking about distributing models trained with
the svmlight and svmlight-tk packages.

Thanks,

--
Tim Miller, PhD