ctakes-dev mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: adding the relation extractor aggregate to the regression test
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:58:52 GMT
I agree. I think that makes sense and actually the original intention.

On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:48 AM, "Steven Bethard" <steven.bethard@Colorado.EDU> wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:16 AM, "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.James@mayo.edu> wrote:
>> I was guessing we would have a separate set of tests that would be run when a RC
was built that would test the pipelines that include the UMLS resources.  But that the regression
tests in ctakes-regression-test would at least ensure the other (non UMLS) parts of the pipelines
worked.

> In relation extractor, we're already testing the non-aggregate descriptors in the regular
unit tests, so it's really only the aggregate descriptor with UMLS resources that needs to
be tested.

> BTW, I think this is probably what we should be doing in general - all non-aggregate
descriptors should be tested in unit tests, and the aggregate descriptors can all be tested
by CPE regression tests or something along those lines.

> On Mar 20, 2013, at 8:39 AM, "Chen, Pei" <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> I think it is def possible to auto download umls, unpack, tester provide credentials,
run the tests. None of this gets distributed so I think it's possible.  I could take a stab
at this in a few weeks unless someone gives it a shot first.