crunch-user mailing list archives

From Ben Juhn <benjij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Processing many map only collections in single pipeline with spark
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2016 02:08:23 GMT
Nope, it queues up the jobs in series there too.

> On Jul 16, 2016, at 6:01 PM, David Ortiz <dpo5003@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *run in parallel
>

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016, 5:36 PM David Ortiz <dpo5003@gmail.com <mailto:dpo5003@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, if you use mrpipeline does it fun on parallel?  If so, issue may
be in spark since I believe crunch leaves it to spark to handle best method of execution.

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016, 4:29 PM Ben Juhn <benjijuhn@gmail.com <mailto:benjijuhn@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I have 100 active executors, each job typically only uses a few.  It’s running on yarn.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>
>> On Jul 16, 2016, at 12:53 PM, David Ortiz <dpo5003@gmail.com <mailto:dpo5003@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> What are the cluster resources available vs what a single map uses?
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016, 3:04 PM Ben Juhn <benjijuhn@gmail.com <mailto:benjijuhn@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>> I enabled FAIR scheduling hoping that would help but only one job is showing up a
time.

>> Thanks,
>> Ben
>>
>>> On Jul 15, 2016, at 8:17 PM, Ben Juhn <benjijuhn@gmail.com <mailto:benjijuhn@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Each input is of a different format, and the DoFn implementation handles them
depending on instantiation parameters.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Ben

and use the TextFileSource, which can accept in a collection of paths.

<https://github.com/apache/crunch/blob/master/crunch-core/src/main/java/org/apache/crunch/io/text/TextFileSource.java>

+ path), Target.WriteMode.APPEND);
though there are no dependencies.  Is it possible to have the jobs run in parallel?