crunch-user mailing list archives

From Clément MATHIEU <clem...@unportant.info>
Subject Re: Should AvroReflectDeepCopier require a public ctor ?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2016 16:07:31 GMT
On 2016-07-18 17:24, Josh Wills wrote:

Hi Josh,

> I _believe_ that is a requirement of Avro reflection-based
> serialization, at least it was at the time we originally implemented
> the functionality. If that is no longer the case, we can change it.

I quickly wrote a test case to double check that Avro reflect is fine
with a private ctor:
https://gist.github.com/cykl/bf8936fca0410d0cea61402bf5b1e5f9

This test pass with Avro 1.4.0, 1.5.0, 1.6.0, 1.7.0 & 1.8.0 (never used
Avro 1.3 and my test doesn't compile with it so I stopped here).

Please let me know if I missed something, otherwise I will send a patch
on Jira.

Clément