crunch-user mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Landon - Landon" <landon.t.robin...@lowes.com>
Subject Best Practice for Materialization
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:04:52 GMT
Crunch Gurus,

Say I have a small data set of key/value pairs I’m reading into a Pcollection. I want to
give that small set as a supplementary data set to DoFns for comparisons.
I’ve done this before with hardcoded String arrays and such, but wanted to know what best
practice is for taking the contents of a very small Pcollection, and handing it as an object
to a DoFn.

I know I can turn it into a Hashmap and pass it as an argument/param, but is there a recommended
way in Crunch? Thanks!
[cid:E8F0D160-A5BA-4570-A8C2-09690B4659EB]
Landon Robinson
Big Data & Hadoop Engineer
IT Business Intelligence, Lowe’s Companies Inc.

NOTICE: All information in and attached to the e-mails below may be proprietary, confidential,
privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the
sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy,
forward, or disseminate this message. If you have erroneously received this communication,
please notify the sender immediately by phone (704-758-1000) or by e-mail and destroy all
copies of this message electronic, paper, or otherwise.

By transmitting documents via this email: Users, Customers, Suppliers and Vendors collectively
acknowledge and agree the transmittal of information via email is voluntary, is offered as
a convenience, and is not a secured method of communication; Not to transmit any payment information
E.G. credit card, debit card, checking account, wire transfer information, passwords, or sensitive
and personal information E.G. Driver's license, DOB, social security, or any other information
the user wishes to remain confidential; To transmit only non-confidential information such
as plans, pictures and drawings and to assume all risk and liability for and indemnify Lowe's
from any claims, losses or damages that may arise from the transmittal of documents or including
non-confidential information in the body of an email transmittal. Thank you.