crunch-user mailing list archives

From Marcin Michalski <mmichal...@ifwe.co>
Subject Re: Best way to pass GenericData.Record from one fn to the next one
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 22:39:34 GMT
Actually, this doesn't work since there seems to be an issue with passing
multiple inputs that have different schema to: pipeline.read(From.
*avroFile(paths)*). This is due to From only grabbing the first schema from
the list of input paths. I think this is bit misleading. Can I extend this
code to return a List<Source<GenericData.Record>> for every schema that I
am working with?

/**
   * Creates a {@code Source<GenericData.Record>} by reading the schema of
the Avro file
   * at the given paths using the {@code FileSystem} information contained
in the given
   * {@code Configuration} instance. If the first path is a directory, the
schema of a file in
   * the directory will be used to determine the schema to use.
   *
   * @param paths The path to the data on the filesystem
   * @param conf The configuration information
   * @return A new {@code Source<GenericData.Record>} instance
   */
  public static Source<GenericData.Record> avroFile(List<Path> paths,
Configuration conf) {
    Preconditions.checkArgument(!paths.isEmpty(), "At least one path must
be supplied");
    return avroFile(paths, Avros.generics(getSchemaFromPath(*paths.get(0)*,
conf)));
  }

I see that there is another method that I could potentially use
avroTableFiles but I am not sure if this intended to be used as input?

/**
   * Creates a {@code TableSource<K,V>} for reading an Avro key/value file
at the given paths.
   *
   * @param paths list of paths to be read by the returned source
   * @param tableType Avro table type for deserializing the table data
   * @return a new {@code TableSource<K,V>} instance for reading Avro
key/value data
   */
  public static <K, V> TableSource<K, V> avroTableFile(List<Path> paths,
PTableType<K, V> tableType) {
    return new AvroTableFileSource<K, V>(paths,
(AvroType<Pair<K,V>>)tableType);
  }

Tagged, Inc. is now if(we). Learn more at ifwe.co