crunch-user mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Landon - Landon" <landon.t.robin...@lowes.com>
Subject Handling Spills in Crunch
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 14:57:37 GMT
Could use some guidance in dealing with spills. I have a data set that, in a DoFn, grows exponentially.
As in, my dataset starts small, but I emit back maybe 40% more data than I take in.
I’ve tried using scaleFactor() to compensate for this, but I seem to get this error at runtime
using a MRPipeline:

org.apache.crunch.CrunchRuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Spill failed

Do I need to increase java memory opts perhaps?

Best,
Landon
Landon Robinson

NOTICE: All information in and attached to the e-mails below may be proprietary, confidential,
privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the
sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy,
forward, or disseminate this message. If you have erroneously received this communication,
please notify the sender immediately by phone (704-758-1000) or by e-mail and destroy all
copies of this message electronic, paper, or otherwise.

By transmitting documents via this email: Users, Customers, Suppliers and Vendors collectively
acknowledge and agree the transmittal of information via email is voluntary, is offered as
a convenience, and is not a secured method of communication; Not to transmit any payment information
E.G. credit card, debit card, checking account, wire transfer information, passwords, or sensitive
and personal information E.G. Driver's license, DOB, social security, or any other information
the user wishes to remain confidential; To transmit only non-confidential information such
as plans, pictures and drawings and to assume all risk and liability for and indemnify Lowe's
from any claims, losses or damages that may arise from the transmittal of documents or including
non-confidential information in the body of an email transmittal. Thank you.