crunch-user mailing list archives

From David Ortiz <dor...@videologygroup.com>
Subject RE: Output file prefix
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:49:47 GMT
Hey,

     The reason I was looking for this is because whether I write them to different directories,
or the same directories, I have to distcp them all to the same s3 bucket for downstream processing
to function properly, so I need to make sure that the file names don’t overlap.  So to get
this to work, it sounds like my options would be the following:

·        Have the client move the files to a common directory with names I want using FileSystem
calls

·        Write a shell script that Oozie calls to do the same thing as the previous option,
but with dfs calls.

·        Write an additional crunch job, which will load the output from the previous four
jobs and union the results.

Does that sounds about right?

Thanks,
     Dave

From: Josh Wills [mailto:josh.wills@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 12:41 PM
To: user@crunch.apache.org
Subject: Re: Output file prefix

Hey David,

There isn't a way to muck w/the file output prefix on a per-collection basis. Would something
like a PathPerKeyTarget work for this situation, where you would have four keys for the different
output directories and could sort of union together the PTable<String, Whatever> instances
that you needed to create on a particular run?

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 7:36 AM, David Ortiz <dpo5003@gmail.com<mailto:dpo5003@gmail.com>>