crunch-user mailing list archives

From Everett Anderson <ever...@nuna.com>
Subject Re: LeaseExpiredExceptions and temp side effect files
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 22:54:05 GMT
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hey Everett,
>
> Initial thought-- there are lots of reasons for lease expired exceptions,
> and their usually more symptomatic of other problems in the pipeline. Are
> you sure none of the jobs in the Crunch pipeline on the non-SSD instances
> are failing for some other reason? I'd be surprised if no other errors
> showed up in the app master, although there are reports of some weirdness
> around LeaseExpireds when writing to S3-- but you're not doing that here,
> right?

We're reading from and writing to HDFS, here. (We've copied in input from
S3 to HDFS in another step.)

There are a few exceptions in the logs. Most seem related to missing temp
files.

Let me see if I can reproduce it with crunch.max.running.jobs set to 1 to
try to narrow down the originating failure.