crunch-user mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Force new Map phase
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:01:54 GMT
Hey David,

The easiest way is to insert a PCollection.cache() call at the stage
between the two joins where you think the reduce phase should end and the
next map phase should begin. When the Crunch planner makes the decision of
where to split the work between a reducer/mapper, it tries to respect any
explicit cache() calls that it encounters.

Josh

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>