crunch-user mailing list archives

From Danny Morgan <unlucky...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Planning Optimization for Sort
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:25:17 GMT
Yes you are right I write "data" out at some point later as well.
Rerunning the MapFn is also kind of expensive, maybe instead of doing it based on the Source
some interface similar to scaleFactor() in the MapFn?
Danny
From: jwills@cloudera.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:36:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Planning Optimization for Sort
To: user@crunch.apache.org

I counted two reads of the first job instead of three-- are you writing out the "data" PCollection
as part of the job as well?
Trying to think of how I would want to communicate the fact that the s3 read is slow/expensive
to the planner; maybe a bit on Source that could be used to signal an expensive source that
should only ever be read once?