crunch-user mailing list archives

From Danny Morgan <unlucky...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple Reduces in a Single Crunch Job
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 00:07:36 GMT
Hi Crunchers,
I've attached a pdf of what my plan looks like. I've run into this problem before where I
have multiple reduce steps chained together in a single pipeline and always get the same error.
In the case of the attached pdf the error is "org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException:
Input path does not exist: hdfs:///tmp/crunch-1279941375/p1"
That's the temp directory the crunch planner set up for the first reduce phase.
Can I run multiple chained reduces within the same pipeline? Do I have to manually write out
the output from the first reduce?
Here's what the code looks like:
      // Simple mapper      PTable<String, Pair<Long, Log>> first = Danny.filterForDanny(logs);
     // Secondary sort happens here      PTable<Danny, Long> second = Danny.extractDannys(first);
     // Regular group by      PTable<Danny, Long> third = second.groupByKey().combineValues(Aggregators.SUM_LONGS());
     // simple function that populates some fields in the Danny object with the aggregate
results      PCollection<Pair<Danny, String>> done = Danny.finalize(third);
   Pair<PCollection<Danny>, PCollection<String>> splits = Channels.split(done);
     splits.second().write(To.textFile(mypath, WriteMode.OVERWRITE);      Target pq_danny
= new AvroParquetFileTarget(pqPath));      splits.first().write(pq_danny, WriteMode.OVERWRITE)
Thanks!
-Danny