crunch-user mailing list archives

From Danny Morgan <unlucky...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Trouble with Avro records
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:52:11 GMT
Wonder if there has been any progress with getting Parquet reading to work in Crunch?
Currently I can't read specific classes that were written out to Parquet Avro files, without
getting a casting exception.
Also I can't read Parquet files as generics either if the generated class that represents
the data from the schema is in the class path while trying to do the generic read. If I remove
the generated class from the jar and read the parquet data as a GenericRecord it works.
Thanks!
Danny

From: jwills@cloudera.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:43:35 -0700
Subject: Re: Trouble with Avro records
To: user@crunch.apache.org

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Danny Morgan <unluckyboy@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Josh,

From: jwills@cloudera.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:49:01 -0700
To: user@crunch.apache.org

> Hrm, that's surprising. We upgraded the Avro version to deal w/some Java 7 stuff-- maybe
exclude it and give it another go?
Yea that did the trick.

> On the Parquet stuff, this is apparently a long standing issue w/Parquet that requires
some major surgery to fix. I have some book stuff to get done over the > next couple of
weeks so I don't have the time to do it myself, but I'll keep checking in with the parquet
folks.
Working on a Crunch book possibly??!?!

Sadly, no-- data science stuff this time, instead of data engineering. :)
Thanks Again!

Danny

--
Director of Data ScienceClouderaTwitter: @josh_wills