crunch-user mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <josh.wi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reading Avro to GenericRecord
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:27:45 GMT
No, I haven't written a way to do that yet, and I feel bad about it-- a
Clouderan asked me for just such a feature a couple of weeks ago and it
slipped my mind. I don't think it's hard to do, just a little tedious and
will require refreshing my memory of the Avro APIs. There's also the
potential issue that multiple Avro files in the same input directory can
have different schemas, so the one we would end up reading might be
somewhat arbitrary (e.g., based on the timestamp of the files in the
directory, or some such thing)-- is that ok?