crunch-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Lewi <jer...@lewi.us>
Subject Documentation about counters is hard to find
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 14:42:22 GMT
Hi Crunch Users,

It took me a while to find the function to call in a DoFn to get a counter.
I only succeeded because of Eclipe's intellisense.

I started with the docs. http://crunch.apache.org/apidocs/0.8.0/
The doc seems incomplete. Intellisense is showing me a bunch of methods
(getCounter, getContext, getStatus, etc...) that aren't listed in DoFn. The
doc only lists Object as a base class and Serialiazible as the interface so
I'm not sure where DoFn gets these methods.

I also looked at some of the Crunch Examples but none of them are using
counters.

Thanks.