crunch-user mailing list archives

From Som Satpathy <somsatpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Crunch user guide
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:14:08 GMT
Hi Josh/all,

It's been a couple of months since my team started using Crunch for our
mapreduce. It has been a great tool, simplifying may problems and
increasing productivity. I personally found it quicker to pick up than
cascading, which I think has a steeper learning curve. My main sources of
learning crunch so far have been the javadocs, crunch user-list, crunch
source code, crunch-examples and some online articles explaining how crunch
works. One place where I found crunch lagging is the need for a user guide
or how-to documentations, something on the lines of cascading user-guides,
which I would say has been really useful for its user-base. Is such a
user-guide coming up soon? That will be of great help for the crunch user
community.

Thanks,
Som