crunch-user mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Splitting a PCollection
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 20:46:47 GMT
JIRA is here-- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-306

The question I have right off the bat is whether we should restrict these
outputs to PGroupedTable types, where we know that all of the records for
the same key will be in the same partition. For arbitrary PTable types, we
might have multiple partitions containing the same key, and we might need
to keep a large number of output record writers open at the same time,
which probably isn't a great idea.