crunch-user mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Crunch 0.8.0 Released!
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2013 17:27:05 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that Crunch 0.8.0 was released this weekend. You
can see the list of issues that were fixed in this release here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313526&version=12324802

New Javadocs are up on the website along with download links, and the maven
repositories have been updated with the newest code.

As was the case for the 0.7.0 release, there is an 0.8.0 version of Crunch
that was built against the Hadoop 1.x APIs and a 0.8.0-hadoop2 version that
was built against the Hadoop 2.x APIs, so be sure that you grab the right
version for the version of Hadoop you are using. For the next release of
Crunch, we're planning on changing over to Hadoop 2.2.0 as the default
build and release target, although we will still publish a hadoop1 version
for those who need it.

Thanks, and congratulations to everyone on the release!
Josh