crunch-user mailing list archives

From Som Satpathy <somsatpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with Crunch + avros on EMR 1.0.3
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 02:57:01 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to run a crunch job that does a parallelDo who's return PType
is a Avros.specifics() on EMR 1.0.3. But job always throws the below error:

com/thoughtworks/paranamer/Paranamer
        at
org.apache.avro.reflect.ReflectDatumReader.<init>(ReflectDatumReader.java:49)
        at
org.apache.crunch.types.avro.AvroCapabilities.canDecodeSpecificSchemaWithReflectDatumReader(AvroCapabilities.java:81)
        at org.apache.crunch.types.avro.Avros.<clinit>(Avros.java:84)
        at com.research.parser.Explorer.run(Explorer.java:110)
        at com.research.parser. Explorer.main(Explorer.java:82)
        at
        at
com.thoughtworks.paranamer.Paranamer
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        ... 11 more

I made sure that my project is using hadoop version 2.0.0-mr1-cdh4.2.0,
crunch version 0.7.0, and avro 1.7.4. However, i'm still getting the above
error while executing my job.

I would really appreciate any pointers to help fix this problem.

Thanks,
Som