crunch-user mailing list archives

From "Inman,Brandon" <Brandon.In...@Cerner.com>
Subject Re: Multiple output channels from Crunch DoFn
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:19:41 GMT
This is close to how I had imagined the implementation to look.  Very
roughly-

 public static class FirstEmittingDoFn<T extends Pair<U, ?>, U> extends
DoFn<Pair<U, ?>, U> {

        @Override
        public void process(Pair<U, ?> input, Emitter<U> emitter) {
            final U first = input.first();
            if (first != null) {
                emitter.emit(first);
            }
        }
    }
}

There would be a very similar DoFn for second() that I'll omit for
brevity. I originally envisioned the utility method calling the DoFn that
generated the pair, but I like the idea of a smaller utility. The utility
method should be as simple as...

public static <T, U> Pair<PCollection<T>,PCollection<U>>
filterChannels(final PCollection<Pair<T,U>> pCollection, final PType<T>
firstPType, final PType<U> secondPType) {

  final PCollection<T> stdout = collection.parallelDo(new
FirstEmittingDoFn<T>, firstPType);
  final PCollection<U> stderr = collection.parallelDo(new
SecondEmittingDoFn<U>, secondPType);

  return Pair.of(stdout,stderr);
    }

Disclaimer; I didn't try to compile (all) this code, so treat as
pseudocode.