crunch-user mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Facing error java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:54:59 GMT
Folks,

I was trying to port Word co-occurrence example(using Pairs) to Crunch. Had
used famous TextPair class from Hadoop Definitive Guide.
While running getting this error

ERROR mr.MRPipeline: org.apache.crunch.impl.mr.run.CrunchRuntimeException:
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.apache.hadoop.io.Text

As an alternative, I created WordPair class that uses String instead of
Text and implemented Serializable, WritableComparable. This piece worked.

Is this behavior expected or I am missing something?

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog