crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.12 RC0
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 13:11:49 GMT
Hello,

It's been a really long time since we did a release, which I attribute to
a) a slower bug fixing cadence over the past few months because of how
awesome Crunch has become and b) my general laziness. But there is a lot of
good stuff in 0.12, and even better, getting it out the door means that we
can start working on an 0.13 release that removes a lot of cruft, where
"cruft" == "hadoop1-related compatibility hacks." So with that in mind,
this is a call for a vote on the first release candidate for Apache Crunch
0.12.0, which fixes the following issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12328678&styleName=Html&projectId=12313526&Create=Create&atl_token=A5KQ-2QAV-T4JA-FDED%7Cecfdc777ccc94fac7bb287b84abf789a29184053%7Clin

The release artifacts are source-only, just as we did for 0.11.0, and are
available here:

http://people.apache.org/~jwills/crunch-0.12.0-RC0/

Maven staging repo(s):
hadoop1:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-1020/
hadoop2:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-1019/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=crunch.git;a=tag;h=8f0aeffcd91de51b95d9310072b555be0cf9488d

Crunch's KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/crunch/KEYS

Note: I am transitioning to a new key and will update the KEYS file once
the release vote is complete and the old releases are taken down.
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=Joshua+Wills&op=index

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Sincerely,
Josh