crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.12 RC0
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 13:40:42 GMT
I checked: signatures, checksums, source headers (with RAT), source tag,
LICENSE and NOTICE files - they all looked good.

To test the Maven artifacts, I tried running tests on another project with
the Crunch Hadoop 2 JARs, but they failed with the dreaded:

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobContext, but class was expected

Looking at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-1019/org/apache/crunch/crunch-core/0.12.0-hadoop2/crunch-core-0.12.0-hadoop2.jar,
it has invokevirtual rather than invokeinterface calls on JobContext, so it
seems that it was compiled with the Hadoop 1 profile. Can you try
republishing the Hadoop 2 JARs?

Cheers,
Tom