crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Watson <benwatson...@gmail.com>
Subject Scala error when building source code
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 18:17:08 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to build the Crunch source code, but am getting the following
error in the crunch-spark project when I execute mvn package:

[ERROR]
/home/bwatson/programming/git/crunch/crunch-spark/src/it/scala/org/apache/crunch/scrunch/spark/PageRankClassTest.scala:71:
error: bad symbolic reference. A signature in PTypeH.class refers to term
protobuf
[ERROR] in package com.google which is not available.
[ERROR] It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the
version on
[ERROR] the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when
compiling PTypeH.class.
[ERROR]       .map(line => { val urls = line.split("\\t"); (urls(0),
urls(1)) })
[ERROR]           ^

This is on the latest version of Ubuntu (14.10), with the only
post-installation changes being to install Scala (sudo apt-get install
scala) and Git (ditto). I've also tried this on Windows 8.1 and CentOS 7
with the same results. Stack Overflow doesn't tell me anything useful and
I've had no luck after noodling around with Scala/Java versions and PATH.
Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben