crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Micah Whitacre <mkw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Releasing 0.8.4/0.11.0
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 01:13:07 GMT
Perhaps being optimistic but I would assume that Spark users would be
keeping up to date and not as embedded/invested in specific versions of
Hadoop/HBase that warrant the 0.8.x code stream.  So I would expect that we
update master to 1.0.x and not necessarily patch everything back to 0.8.x.
 Perhaps an only as requested.  A quick survey of the current major
distributors (HortonWorks, Cloudera, MapR) all of them have moved to
supporting Spark 1.0.x with their latest distributions.