crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Releasing 0.8.4/0.11.0
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:09:25 GMT
Hey all,

I think it's about time to roll out the next Crunch release; we've fixed
~50 issues since our last release, which is our typical cadence. Among the
remaining open issues, I'd like to get CRUNCH-425 and CRUNCH-436 (both
Crunch-on-Spark fixes) committed to both the 0.8 and master branches.

I'm debating what to do with CRUNCH-410, which upgrades Spark to 1.0.0 (and
soon, 1.0.2 to get a few Spark fixes.) On the one hand, I'm tempted to only
commit it to master and not 0.8, which would keep with our practice of
leaving 0.8 against "old" versions (HBase 0.94, etc.) and only bringing
version changes into master (and the new releases against it.) The rub, of
course, is that the API changes in Spark between Spark 0.9.0 and 1.0.0 will
mean that patching things against both versions will be a bit of a hassle.
Very much open to suggestions on what people think the right course of
action is here.

Thanks!

Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>