crunch-dev mailing list archives

From "Champion,Mac" <Mac.Champ...@Cerner.com>
Subject Re: Binary Passivity
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:24:40 GMT
I found another incompatibility/non-passive change while trying to upgrade
a project from 0.8.2 to 0.8.3, From.avroFile(Path,AvroType) seems to have
disappeared.

It exists in Crunch 0.8.2
https://github.com/apache/crunch/blob/apache-crunch-0.8.2/crunch-core/src/m
ain/java/org/apache/crunch/io/From.java#L167

But is nowhere to be found in 0.8.3
https://github.com/apache/crunch/blob/apache-crunch-0.8.3/crunch-core/src/m
ain/java/org/apache/crunch/io/From.java#L227

The method seems to have been replaced by a ³avroFile(Path,PType)" method.
Was this intentional? Should I log a defect JIRA for it to be added back?