crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Tom De Leu <de.leu....@gmail.com>
Subject Writables.registerComparable does not actually register the WritableComparable
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:03:43 GMT
Hi there,

First of all, thanks for Crunch, as it makes working with Hadoop much
easier.

Yesterday I tried upgrading our code to Crunch 0.8.3 (from 0.8.2).

When running our tests, we got an error: "java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Unknown Writable code: 85". In our logs, I noticed a new warning:

"WARN writable.Writables: WritableComparable class class x.y.z in tuple
type should be registered with Writables.registerComparable"

So I added the call to Writables.registerComparable, but the same error
still occurred.

I looked in the Crunch code and I think it's a bug, with a really simple
fix:
The registerComparable method is missing this line at the end:

WRITABLE_CODES.put(code, clazz);

Should I create a JIRA ticket? I can also create a pull request on Github
with a fix.

Best regards,
Tom De Leu