crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: news, releases, etc.
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2014 05:27:59 GMT
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:30 AM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:
> > First of all, I'd like to congratulate our new PMC Chair, Gabriel Reid.
> > I've been working with Gabriel on Crunch longer than just about anybody,
> > and he is one of the best software engineers I have ever had the pleasure
> > of sharing a code base with. Everyone should be so lucky to get to work
> > with someone like him.
>
> Wow, thanks Josh!

My pleasure. :)

> > On a completely unrelated note, we've fixed 53 issues since our last
> > release, which is the usual cadence for us to do a new major release.
> That
> > fact, combined with the fact that I'm trying to procrastinate on some
> other
> > things I need to do this week, makes me think it's time for 0.8.3 and
> > 0.10.0 (or maybe 0.9.1? Not sure here) to make their way out the door.
>
> +1 to doing new releases.
>
> Interesting point about potentially doing a 0.9.1 vs 0.10.0. The 0.8.x
> branch seems to be running pretty parallel to the trunk, so it might
> be an interesting idea to keep the point release schedule and
> numbering somewhat aligned.
>
> Any other thoughts on that?

Yeah, not sure. I think we've never really done an 0.x.1 release because so
much was always changing on the API. I know we had a few small-ish changes
this time, but nothing all that major, which made me think that an 0.9.1
would be okay. This felt like primarily a bug fix release.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>