crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Illegal State Exception when doing a union
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 01:41:46 GMT
So my thought would be that if the DoFn in this step:

beforeWrite.parallelDo(DoFn, U, ParallelDoOptions.builder().
sources(target).build());

signaled that it was going to write a lot of data with a large scaleFactor,
then the planner would use the output from beforeWrite as a checkpoint, and
save the DoFn processing for the map phase.