crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Jinal Shah <jinalshah2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Illegal State Exception when doing a union
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:38:48 GMT
Hey Josh, Is there no way of telling the planner when it is trying to do
union or co-group or some operation where it is trying to find the size
from the location we are reading from after doing a write for planning  to
do a run till there if the source is something that needs to be generated
through the processing prior to planning it ahead of time. May be I'm
completely wrong but it was just a thought.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Hey Jinal,
>
> Been thinking about it off-and-on all day, and I don't have a better
> solution right now than pipeline.run()...

> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM, Jinal Shah <jinalshah2007@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > So Josh what do you think can be done?
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Jinal Shah <jinalshah2007@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > As well as it is trying to run it in parallel so now it is failing on
> > that.

> that
> work
> > phase