crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Chao Shi <stepi...@live.com>
Subject Add a new submodule crunch-hcatalog?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 07:57:15 GMT
Hi users and devs,

I'd like to add HCatalog support to crunch. CRUNCH-340 [1] is a first
effort on it. It is simply a Source wrapper for HCatInputFormat, with which
you can write Crunch pipelines reading from Hive tables.

The down side is that it has dependency on hcatalog and several hive
modules transitively. There was some discussion in the JIRA ticket on
whether or not to start a new submodule, instead of adding such
dependencies to crunch-core (similar to crunch-hbase). I post the question
here to get more feedback.

I personally prefer adding a new submodule, as this piece of work can be
completely decoupled from crunch-core. Feel free to tell me if you have any
ideas.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CRUNCH-340