crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Editing the Crunch User Guide
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:09:21 GMT
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, maybe we should go with the same kind of thing as with the core
> code - post a patch for big changes, and just go for it if it's just a
> little spelling or punctuation fix or similar. My main concern is/was
> not getting into major merge conflicts if there are two people doing
> writing a section at the same time, which seems very unlikely given
> the excellent state that the guide is already in.

No, that's a fair point. I think it's worthwhile to add small sections
incrementally-- one on unit testing, one on Scrunch, and some more code
examples in places (like for the HBase section). My thought was that
posting a giant markdown file for the new user guide wasn't a good use of
my/everyone else's time, but posting diffs first should cut down on
conflicts. Did you have sections you were planning to add, too?