crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing the Crunch User Guide
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:42:13 GMT
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>wrote:
> I think it's worthwhile to add small sections
> incrementally-- one on unit testing, one on Scrunch, and some more code
> examples in places (like for the HBase section). My thought was that
> posting a giant markdown file for the new user guide wasn't a good use of
> my/everyone else's time, but posting diffs first should cut down on
> conflicts. Did you have sections you were planning to add, too?

Ok, sounds good.

The main thing that I was thinking of adding in the short term was
some explanation around holding onto references (i.e.
PType#getDetachedValue), as well as potentially adding some stuff on
unit testing and/or integration testing (although if you're working on
that already I'll happily leave it over to you!)