crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Crunch - PivotalHD (aka 2.0.5-alpha) compatible release
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:26:49 GMT
Hey Christian,

Couple of options here: I maintain a CDH-compatible release of Crunch for
my customers by creating a cdh-x.y.z branch off of the apache-crunch-x.y.z
branch that gets created for each release, updating the POM to reference
the CDH version I want to use as a base, adding in the CDH repositories and
distributionManagement info, setting the version numbers for the project,
and then running mvn clean deploy to push the code to the repo. I can send
you a diff file so you can see what I have to change and how I wire it up.

The other option is to use Apache Bigtop to manage the dependency
integration across all of your Hadoop components; Bigtop has Crunch as a
component, so it's not too much trouble to manage the releases that way.
Email Roman Shaposhnik (rvs@apache.org) if you want more info about that
approach.

Josh

--