crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.9.0 RC0
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 20:03:25 GMT
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com>wrote:

> Going through the validation of this and the 0.8.2 RC, I ran into
> something that I want to double-check.
>
> I noticed that there are two source distributions: the "default"
> version, and the hadoop2 version. I'm guessing this is nothing new and
> I just missed it in the past, but I want to be sure: is this the
> intention? I thought that we only made two separate binary releases,
> and a single source release.

It isn't new; the mvn release scripts build both the src and bin versions
for hadoop1 and hadoop2, and I generally only push the default src packages
to the release dir. I just happened to copy both of them this time; it's no
problem to remove them from the RC to ensure no one is confused.

> Related to this, I also saw that the version pointed to by the release
> tag in git has the 0.x.x-hadoop2 release, which I guess means that
> there isn't a release tag for the "default" release version. Is that
> correct, and/or the intention?

So I have to do the release runs twice, once w/ -Dcrunch.platform=2 and
once without, and after I run the first one, I have to run a git reset to
do the next one. There isn't any source difference that results from the
maven tagging, it's just a function of the order that I happen to do the
mvn release runs.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>