crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crunch logo design competition
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 16:30:30 GMT
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Josh Wills <jwills@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit torn and could use some help making the decision. The first one
> had the highest overall rating (3.6) and has both the pro and is very clear
> about the connection between Crunch and Hadoop (which is either a good
> thing or a bad thing, depending on your perspective.) But I like the
> abstraction and the "pipeline" feel of the second design (3.5), and I think
> it's more interesting because it's so different from the logos for Hadoop
> and the other ecosystem projects-- although if you want to make the
> association clear, that's not necessarily a good thing. :)
>
> Any other thoughts before I pick a winner?

I'm with you on the abstraction of and "pipeline" feel of the second design.

I think that there are more than enough logos that try to fit an elephant
in somewhere, and to me that's gotten kind of old. I also feel like the
pipeline logo has a much clearer link with Crunch than the elephant-
based one.

- Gabriel