crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Crunch 0.7 Expected Release?
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 20:52:23 GMT
We haven't really been in the habit of planning the releases-- my sense has
been that we do a release when it feels like there's enough good stuff in
the snapshot to merit doing one, and I certainly feel like that's the case
now.

My one question for the devs on the next release would be if (and how) we
should go about creating both hadoop1 and hadoop2-based binary
releases/Maven artifacts. If anyone has strong feelings on it either way,
I'd like to hear them, along with a recommendations of the best way to
express it in the version for the release (e.g., 0.7.0-hadoop1 and
0.7.0-hadoop2? Or maybe use profiles in some way that I don't really
understand?)

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>