crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Crunch 0.7.0 RC0
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:03:52 GMT
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Matthias Friedrich <matt@mafr.de> wrote:

> Hi Ashish,
>
> thanks for checking the distribution! See answers below.
>
> On Saturday, 2013-07-27, Ashish wrote:
> [...]
> > 1. IMHO, need not pkg junit and mockito jars
>
> The reason junit and mockito are distributed is that they are a
> dependency of crunch-test. I think some time ago we agreed to
> eliminate crunch-test as soon as the TemporaryPath class that we
> contributed to mrunit is available on an mrunit release (1.1?).
> Until then, we have to bear with these additional jars (and the
> licensing stuff that comes with them).

Got it ! My mistake

> > 2. NOTICE file is missing mention of some jars packaged like xz-1.0.jar,
> > scala libs etc (Not an expert on this, but I think you need to mention
> them
> > as you are packaging them)
>
> All jars that we package have entries in the LICENSE file. Entries in
> the NOTICE file are only required for packages that have an explicit
> advertising clause in their license (the Apache License is a
> well-known case, but we handle all ASF packages in one statement). If
> you find a packaged jar that has an advertising clause and isn't
> mentioned in NOTICE, then this is a serious problem and would be a
> reason to halt the release process.
>
> I went to great lengths to check all dependencies and I don't see
> any dependency changes since 0.6.0 other than version bumps. But if
> there's anything we missed, please do tell :)

I am not an expert on this, we had a faced this during our recent 3.0 M1
release, and what I understood was anything you bundle need to be mentioned.
I am banging my head to get this right :) Probably ignore this as a false
alarm :)

Quick question, Snappy/Javaassist also has ASL 2.0 lic, so do we need to
mention this in NOTICE?

--
thanks
ashish