crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: board report
Date Thu, 09 May 2013 14:33:44 GMT
The fix

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Gabriel Reid <gabriel.reid@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks pretty good to me.
>
> I like that the compilation issue is mentioned, but are we *sure* that
> it's a javac
> bug (and not something else)? I didn't really follow it that closely on the
> list, but it seems like something we want to be sure about before
> mentioning
> it as a javac bug in the report.

I think it was more of a hidden limitation of javac that was platform
dependent: my uneducated guess is that the name of the classes were so long
that they were getting truncated on some platforms, but not others, causing
the imports that depended on them to fail. I don't want to hate on javac,
but it was annoying.