crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Draft board report
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2013 16:48:28 GMT
Still experimenting w/sections and formats based on feedback from the board
after the last report.

Apache Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running
MapReduce pipelines on Apache Hadoop.

ISSUES
* There are no issues to raise with the board.

COMMUNITY
* We added two new committers to the Crunch project since our last board
report.
  These are our first new committers since graduation.
* Activity on the dev mailing list is stable and healthy. The user mailing
list saw some
  questions from new users and roughly the same number of threads, but the
overall
  volume of messages fell by about half.
* We completed an overhaul of the Crunch website and added an About page.
* Two Crunch PMC members are working on third-party projects that build on
Crunch.
   Cloudera ML [1] integrates Apache Hive, Apache Mahout, and Apache Crunch
in
   order to perform data preparation and model evaluation tasks on Apache
Hadoop.
   Work has also begun to integrate Crunch with Elastic Search's Hadoop
libraries. [2]

RELEASES
* No new releases since our February 2013 release just before graduation.
  We expect to perform our first TLP release within the next few weeks.

[1] http://github.com/cloudera/ml
[2] http://github.com/tzolov/elasticsearch-hadoop#crunch

--
Director of Data Science