crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabriel.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions in integration test cases
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 19:45:51 GMT

On 02 Apr 2013, at 21:39, Josh Wills <josh.wills@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the context of that test (PCollectionGetSizeIT), the EOFException is
> expected-- there isn't any data to read b/c the file is empty. We could
> change up the impl to throw a CrunchRuntimeException instead.
>
> For the cogroup test, that sounds suspiciously like a deep copy issue.
> Gabriel is the most knowledgable person to ask, he always fixes my deep
> copy errors. :)

Well that's a bizarre coincidence -- I just encountered this object reuse bug in CoGroup earlier
today at work, and was going over mails from today while running the integration tests after
having written a patch for it :-)

In any case, yes, there is a deep copy issue with CoGroup -- I'm actually very surprised that
this is still in there, as I was sure that I had gone over CoGroup in the past to make sure
that object reuse wasn't an issue.

In any case, I'll commit the fix shortly.

- Gabriel