crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Exceptions in integration test cases
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2013 17:33:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm a bit worried about the IO exceptions we get in our integration
test (see [1], grep for EOFException). Since we don't validate the
results, there may be data loss, at least in local mode.

I have stumbled upon a test case [2] where Crunch seems to reliably
lose some data when using Writables, while the same code works fine
with Avros. This time, I was able to reproduce this on two machines
(with slightly different error messages, ie. [3]).

Has anyone seen this before? Is anyone able to reproduce the error
or is it just me? :)

Thanks,
  Matthias

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Crunch-master-integration/244/consoleFull