crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Draft of the Board Report
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:45:33 GMT
Hey all,

This is what I've written up for our first report to the ASF Board. If you
have any comments and/or additions, please let me know and I will
incorporate them if I can.

Apache Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running
MapReduce pipelines on Apache Hadoop.

MILESTONES
We completed our most recent release (0.5.0-incubating) on 2/19/13,
just before we left the Incubator.

ACTIVITY
* All of the Incubator transfer procedures have been completed.
* The PMC is currently voting on a set of bylaws for the project
  modeled after the bylaws of the Apache Pig community.
* Nine issues have been resolved since our most recent release,
  primarily small bug fixes. One major feature was adding the
  ability to start and monitor a MapReduce pipeline
  asynchronously, which was contributed by a new developer
  on the project.

COMMUNITY
* 50 subscribers to the dev mailing list, 62 subscribers to the
  user mailing list.
* There have been no changes to the PMC or committer composition
  since our recent graduation.
* The user mailing list has seen small but steady traffic in the
  form of questions and requests from Crunch users.

INFRASTRUCTURE
* All of the major TLP creation tasks are completed, but we
  have one outstanding issue from the move from the Incubator:
  our github mirror hasn't been updated to reflect the new
  repo name. This is tracked in INFRA-5933.
* The website has been updated to reflect the project's new
  status as a TLP.

LEGAL
No known issues.

BRANDING