crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Building Crunch with JDK 1.7
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:48:54 GMT
On Tuesday, 2013-03-26, Josh Wills wrote:
> Very cool that this is all that's broken. :)
>
> Re: the mapside join IT, I'm wondering if that should be set to a temp
> directory using the TemporaryPaths stuff-- @Matthias, isn't that the right
> thing to do?

Eventually, yes, but I remember there was some issue with Mac OS and
the distributed cache that required this particular hack. Maybe we
need to add some special handling to avoid using Hadoop's distributed
cache altogether when running in local mode.

> Re: HBase, my HBase friends are saying that there were test issues and that
> they think things work in trunk. Not sure if anyone wants to volunteer to
> brave trying that out. ;-)

Yeah. Whoever takes this on has to either know HBase very well or must
be completely insane :)

Regards,
  Matthias