crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: Draft of the Board Report
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:58:31 GMT
Cool, you beat me to it :)

Some minor clarifications, see below.

On Tuesday, 2013-03-12, Josh Wills wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> This is what I've written up for our first report to the ASF Board. If you
> have any comments and/or additions, please let me know and I will
> incorporate them if I can.

> Apache Crunch is a Java library for writing, testing, and running
> MapReduce pipelines on Apache Hadoop.
>
> MILESTONES
> We completed our most recent release (0.5.0-incubating) on 2/19/13,
> just before we left the Incubator.
>
> ACTIVITY
> * All of the Incubator transfer procedures have been completed.

We're not 100% done, we still have our release directory at the
Incubator. We can't remove it until we have a new release, otherwise
our checksum links would 404.

We could temporarily switch the links to the archive repository
though if you want to complete this before our next release.

> * The PMC is currently voting on a set of bylaws for the project
>   modeled after the bylaws of the Apache Pig community.

To be ultra-precise, I have used Zookeeper's with minor tweaks and
added a bit of Pig :)

Regards,
  Matthias