crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Friedrich <m...@mafr.de>
Subject Re: About status web page
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:30:41 GMT
Hi Chao,

sounds interesting - just a couple of things that come to mind:

I this intended as debugging aid or for operational monitoring?

A Crunch job is a temporary thing, to me this doesn't sound like a
good match for a web service because it disappears after a (possibly
short) time. Also, when multiple jobs are executed concurrently from
the same machine, you can't work with a well-known port, you'd have to
pick an unused port for each job.

It also looks to me like this has security implications? Right now,
Crunch is just a client library and we're part of Hadoop's security
framework. A web service we might have to secure in some way.

Regards,
  Matthias