crunch-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Wills <jwi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: graduation/release schedule
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:43:03 GMT
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Victor Iacoban
<victor.iacoban@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'd like to mention my pain point.
> In some places crunch API is too restrictive: package private classes or
> missing constructors.

> Would be nice if these decisions would get reviewed before graduation, just
> in case there is crazy interest in Apache Crunch post graduation and ppl
> start extending it.

We can roll those discussions into the 0.5.0 release. There's nothing about
graduation that
would require us to freeze the APIs, we just wanted to get most of the
heavy lifting done in the 0.5.0 release.

If you have a list of ones you need access to, let's start a discussion on
crunch-dev about making them accessible
and/or finding alternative ways of meeting crackle's needs.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>